Friday, July 30, 2021

Valldalsleden // day 11 // Skjørstadhovden

Valldalsleden, day 11.
Distance: 3.4km (313.9km).


There was time before my train home departed, so I took the gondola up to Skjørstadhovden. Not exactly a part of the pilgrim path to Trondheim, but as it was a part of my journey it should also be a part of my tale from it.

Skjørstadhovden also provides a great view over the landscape the pilgrim path passes through after it comes down from the mountains.

I found a nice place a little bit down from the summit at 1125m, where I could sit down and read. Below I could see Oppdal church and try to make my way backwards on Gudbrandsdalsleden.

In the gondola up towards Skjørstadhovden.

Looking down towards Oppdal.

View from Skjørstadhovden, looking over the valley that I went through yesterday.

It was tempting to start climbing higher up, but I was sensible and did not succumb to it. I felt invigorated enough being this close to the mountains above before a long train ride home.

Before taking the gondola down again, I had lunch at the restaurant.

On a short walk down to the small unnamed lake on the backside of Skjørstadhovden.

Blåøret in the background to the left, Kinnpiken in the background to the right.

After 11 days (including this) and 314km on Valldalsleden, the journey goes back home again.

<< Oppdal // day 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts