Thursday, July 29, 2021

Valldalsleden // day 10 // Ryphusan - Oppdal

Valldalsleden, day 10.
Distance: 29.3km (310.5km).


From Ryphusan I walked to Oppdal, the end of the line for my part on this walk. As I had walked the whole Gudbrandsdalsleden last year, I did not find it necessary to go all the way to Trondheim this time.

Vinstradalen was the highlight of the walk. This time I could see the surrounding mountains, as the weather was far better than my previous outing. Still clouds and with a forecast of rain, but how different a walk feels when you can see the features of the landscape around you.

I stopped to admire the views from the chapel of St. Michael, with Oppdal visible through its blue cross in the window.

Curious sheep in Vinstradalen.

The pilgrim path going on a constructed way through Tronget.

Holsætra.

Crossing over the Vinstra river at Moabrua.

This I could not see last year, view of Oppdal in the distance.

Thunder and lightning both heard and seen above Oppdal as I came out of the Vinstradalen valley, but at that time I was down from the mountains.

St. Michael Chapel.

The cozy Plasstoggo cabin is no longer situated next to the pilgrim path, as it has been changed to take another route. I still located the small hut for lunch.

I walked through Vangfeltet, the largest burial ground in Norway, instead of following the pilgrim path that goes outside of it. It was a beautiful and peaceful walk through illuminated trees from the sun briefly shining through the clouds.

Thunder and rain struck me heavily on the approach to the centre of Oppdal, soaking me instantly. I was quite happy to escape the deluge when I got to Oppdal Gjestetun Hotell, and even happier when I found out that they had closets with heating in.

Thunder and rain passing over Oppdal.

Crossing over a field on the way to Oppdal.

Vangfeltet, the largest burial grounds in Norway.

Oppdal in the evening rain.

In the afternoon and evening, I got out to eat pizza and have some beers at Møllen. Then ending my walk on Valldalsleden in my room listening to more heavy rain outside.

<< Ryphusan // day 9Skjærstadhovden // day 11 >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts