Monday, August 23, 2021

Jotunheimstien // day 3 // Nedre Snellingen - Lygna

Jotunheimstien, day 3.
Distance: 34.9km (106.4km).


I woke up early. Although I did want to thank my host again for his hospitality, I really did not want to wake him up this early, so I decided to quietly slip away in the morning hours.

There was some distance to cover today, as I had pre-booked accommodation at Lygnasæter Hotel for this night, needing to do to the 100km plus in three days.

Breakfast was taken in the quiet morning hours next to Avalsjøen.

After I had walked past Bruvoll, I was for the first time on unfamiliar paths. The scenery still remained similar though, surrounded as I was by the lowland woods around Oslo. With some subtle changes when the path reached higher grounds.

Things got interesting when I walked up and over Svartåsen (580m), where the path afterwards was somewhat difficult to follow. Descending I found a farm, abandoned for some time, where vegetation had invaded the porch.

Avalsjøen.

A small lake in the woods, Damtjern.

Langmyrhytta.

Øvre Høvra.

The view from the farm at Øvre Høvra.

At Øvre Høvra, the view opened up. Here, old farmhouses stand looking out over the surrounding landscape. I wondered how it must have been her in the old days, when this was a far more remote place than it is now.

When I walked around the outskirts of Lushaugen, the scenery had been fairly similar to the previous two days. Upon arrival at Lygna, the last kilometres had seen me going through a wonderful golden coloured bog landscape. Wooden boardwalks had been placed to keep walkers dry on their feet, mostly.

All viewed from above when a detour took me to the summit of Lushaugen (812m). The only reason why I chose to hike up to the summit was a slight remembrance of reading something about the hill a time ago. I did the right thing, as a new watchtower had been built there, providing a wonderful view in all directions from the top.

For those planning to hike this trail, the small shop at the gas station here at Lygna is the only place directly on the trail that provides a store to buy supplies from.

Ognilla.

View from the top of the lookout tower at Lushaugen.

Bogs after Lushaugen.

Lushaugen.

Dinner (moose burger) at Lygnasæter.

A quiet and nice evening at the hotel, I enjoyed a burger made from moose and had a couple of beers. My last memory from this place was when I went skiing the 140km from Gjøvik to Oslo, which saw me having breakfast in the cafeteria here.

<< Nedre Snellingen // day 2Kvitingsmyrene // day 4 >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts