Monday, August 30, 2021

Jotunheimstien // day 7 // Mustadroa - Lunken

Jotunheimstien, day 7.
Distance: 28.9km (198.4km).


Almost like what goes up must come down, what leaves the trail must come back. After a weekend off trail, I was again back in the grip of the woods and bogs on the Jotunheimstien trail.

Shortly after I had begun walking on the trail again, I was met by conflicting signs. The map I was carrying and the waymarks did not speak the same language. I chose to follow the map.

Continuing, the trail had steadily contoured its way around hills, through woods on a mix of gravel tracks and forest paths. It was all so similar, but with tiny hints of change.

My biggest gripe with this trail so far is that it feels like a long interlude to reach the mountains still not visible in the horizon most of the time.

I enjoyed the descent through the forest that felt like walking like being in a deep and secluded woods where only scattered light was visible.

The descent through woods from Venholhøgda.

Nittåstjernet.

Path between the bogs of Lysa.

Lysa.

Bakkemyrene.

Sheep had stood looking sheepishly at me as I had walked past scenic bogs on both sides, later sinking my boots deep in them to cross over.

Between Gorolia and Tranalia I had wondered if I was walking through the section that I had been warned about earlier, as the path took on a confusing and meandering route through forestry works and untidy forest.

The shelter next to the Langvatnet lake was a perfect spot to take a break for lunch at, or spend the night at if needed. More than enough space and shelter for leaving the tent in the backpack and with a relaxing view out over the water.

Then it was again the old farmsteads that caught my attention, it is always fascinating to walk past these old places where people lived in bygone days and think of all the hardships they had while trying to make a living. Lundon is another secluded spot seemingly deep in the woods.

Before the final walk led me to where I had decided to make my camp for the night, at Lunken, I had made my way up through dense undergrowth to the hill above Lundon for a brief breather and view over the woods and hills around Snertingdalen.

Langvatnet.

Lundon, an old farmstead in the woods.

View over Snertingdalen.

Reflections at Lunken.

Lunken in the evening.

Despite my motivational problems, it still felt good to be back on the trail again. And a quiet evening next to a serene lake is always gratifying.

<< Mustadroa // day 6Skjellbreida // day 8 >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts